Monday, January 5, 2009

Jeremy's 30th Birthday Party!

So the party has come and gone!! We worked all of Saturday on the decorations and the cake. My sister, Dot, her husband, Tobie and my husband and I set to work early that morning. My sister stays an hours drive away, so they had an earlier start. The tables looked so beachy and I think my brother was so happy.


These are the foam and pipe-cleaner slip-slops I made for the table, we used beach sand for the runner of the table and added frangapanis from my garden.



The cake took forever. It was a dark chocolate mud cake filled and crumb coated with Baileys and coffe buttercream. So yummy and moist and just delicious!! My brother is a die hard surfer and since moving to New Zealand in Feb last year has surfed so few times he can remember each of them. So we gave him a good old South African Braai (Barbaque) party with a Surfer's theme!! He is a big fan of theme parties and had an awesome time!!

Happy Birthday, Jay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment